Diplomat Travel Series products benefit changes and updates by the plan administrator – Global Underwriters – with clarifications and exclusions with respect to COVID-19 and other wording changes. These changes are effective July 08, 2020 and impact the below Global Underwriters Insurance Plans:
What has changed in this update?
Both Diplomat America Insurance and Diplomat Long Term Insurance policies do not exclude Covid-19 and this is covered as any other sickness or illness. However, Diplomat International Insurance does exclude coverage for Covid-19.
Below are the updates/changes made to the Diplomat Travel Series products effective on and after 07/08/2020.
Diplomat America and Diplomat Long Term (LT) Changes:
- Both Diplomat America Insurance and Diplomat Long Term Insurance policies do not exclude Covid-19, therefore it is treated the same as any other illness. The claim will be subject to all terms and conditions outlined in the policy plan provision. The coronavirus testing would be covered if ordered by a medical physician who deems it medically necessary, the insured fits the criteria for the test and the insured’s policy is active during the time of the testing. The medical expenses would be covered as well during the period of time the policy is active, and if the signs and symptoms started after the effective date and prior to the termination date of the policy and will be paid per the parameters of the policy. There is no trip cancellation coverage and Trip Interruption does not cover any conditions related to Covid-19.
Diplomat International Changes:
- The Diplomat International plan has the below wording changes: Covid-19 is excluded in the Diplomat International Insurance plan and it does not cover any claim in any way caused by or resulting from:
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19);
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2);
- any mutation or variation of SARS-CoV-2;
- any fear or threat of 1, 2, and 3 above
Questions or Concerns, Contact Us Today!
We appreciate your interest in these visitor health insurance and visitors insurance plans for visiting the USA, and travel medical insurance plans for coverage outside America and home country. We look forward to addressing all your queries and address concerns, if any. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this information, please contact us.