Diplomat LT Travel Medical Insurance
Review the Diplomat LongTerm Insurance, international health insurance coverage for new immigrants or expatriates living/traveling outside home country.
Diplomat Long Term Travel Medical Insurance coverage protection for individuals & families living or traveling outside home country, including USA.
Review the Diplomat Long Term Insurance or Diplomat LT Travel Medical Insurance, plan offers comprehensive visitor medical benefits and travel health coverage for anyone traveling long-term outside their home country. Diplomat LongTerm provides Accident and Sickness medical coverage, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefits and Travel Assistance services to individuals and family while traveling outside their Home Country for a minimum of 3 months. Coverage is available for the primary insured, spouse and any dependent children (ages 14 days up to 18 years, unmarried), and coverage is only available to persons traveling outside their Home Country of primary residence.
Diplomat Long Term Insurance review of plan features and benefits covered:
- Visitor Health Insurance while visiting the United States of America
- Travel Medical Insurance while traveling outside Home Country
- Comprehensive plan provides up to US$500,000 medical coverage
- Coverage for age minimum of 14 days old onwards up to 80+ years
- Offers US$100,000 of comprehensive coverage for ages 70 – 80 years
- Senior citizens age 80+ can get US$20,000 of comprehensive coverage
- No PPO network, visit any hospital, or any doctor can be consulted
- US$25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
- Coverage under the Diplomat LT is renewable (prior to policy expiration)
- Minimum 3 months initial purchase js required, add monthly term
- Eligible expenses are based on Usual, Regular & Customary (UR&C) charges
Review the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Brochure for the summary of benefits table. If you prefer not to apply online using the form below, you can also print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Diplomat America Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table. Also review the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Description of Coverage document for plan details and more information including policy exclusions.
Buy Diplomat Long Term Insurance for minimum initial coverage duration of 3 months, and the policy is renewable and you can renew or extend expiration date for an existing policy for 3 years of continuous coverage.
If you prefer not to apply online using the above quote/buy link, you can also print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table.
Diplomat Long Term Insurance is administered worldwide by Global Underwriters, and the policy is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company, rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat Long Term Insurance Review
Diplomat Long Term visitor medical policy is designed for anyone traveling outside of home country of principal residence. The Diplomat LT medical insurance is for travel inside and outside of the the United States, coverage is suitable for both USA visitors, international travelers and tourists, or relatives/parents visiting USA from any foreign country.
- Eligibility: Long-term visitors to USA or international travelers outside their home country.
- Maximum Amount: Plan offers medical maximum coverage choices from US$50,000 to US$1,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers over 70, maximum coverage of $100,000; for 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Choice of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000 or $2500 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per plan certificate period.
Traveling to the United States: After you pay the selected deductible, the visitor medical plan pays 80% up to $5,000 of eligible costs, then 100% to the medical maximum. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an Illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
Traveling Outside the United States: After you pay your selected deductible this plan will pay 100% of covered expenses outside the USA up to the selected plan medical maximum.
- Duration: Minimum period of 3 months to initial maximum period of 12 months.
- Pre-Existing Condition: Exclusion: 18 Months prior to the start date of coverage.
Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition (US Citizens only): up to $20,000; ($2,500 for age 65 and older)
- Provider PPO Network: Diplomat Long Term plan has no set PPO network, visit any doctor or hospital.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available at additional cost) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- In-Hospital Indemnity: For US Citizens only, $100 per day to a maximum of 10 days.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit, Home Country Coverage, and War Risk Coverage (available for travel outside the USA)
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Diplomat Long Term Plan Brochure for coverage benefits.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review the plan sample certificate of insurance for all the policy details available in the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy.
- Claims Form: Download and submit Diplomat Long Term Claims form for reimbursement of incurred expenses.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Diplomat Long Term Insurance coverage online.
- Application Form: Complete, mail/fax the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Paper Application along with the premium due payment amount.
- Renew/Extend Coverage Diplomat LT Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed monthly, up to a 12 months period (1 year). The minimum initial period of coverage that can be purchased is 3 months, the maximum is 365 days. Participant can re-apply for an additional term of 365 days of coverage. Any subsequent new periods of coverage will not include a pre-existing condition limitation and will be issued at the guaranteed rate. A participant is eligible to reapply for up to 2 separate terms from the date of the initial enrollment with this guarantee. The total period of coverage cannot exceed 3 years.
- Administrator: Diplomat Long Term (LT) is administered worldwide by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Diplomat Long Term (LT) is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.