Diplomat America Visitor Insurance
Review the Diplomat America Insurance, visitor medical insurance for USA visitors, short-term visitor health insurance coverage for foreign nationals visiting the USA.
Diplomat America Visitor Insurance coverage protection for relatives, in-laws and family, friends or parents visiting USA.
Review the Diplomat America Insurance or Diplomat America Travel Medical Insurance is a comprehensive visitor medical protection and visitor health coverage for non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States of America. Diplomat America provides Accident and Sickness medical coverage, travel assistance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits to foreign nationals while visiting the United States. Coverage is available for you, your spouse and unmarried dependent children, ages 14 days up to 18 years, while traveling to the United States. Diplomat America coverage can be provided for as little as 15 days, or up to a 1 year, and the plan is not renewable.
Diplomat America Insurance review of plan features and benefits covered:
- Visitor Health Insurance for non-U.S. residents visiting the USA
- Travel Medical Insurance for U.S. citizens living abroad and visiting the USA
- Comprehensive plan provides up to US$1,000,000 medical coverage
- Offers US$100,000 of comprehensive coverage for ages 70 – 80 years
- Senior citizens age 80+ can get US$20,000 of comprehensive coverage
- No PPO network, any hospital or doctor can be consulted
- 20% coinsurance for the first $5000 in costs (beyond chosen deductible)
- Included US$25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Buy additional AD&D coverage, optional increase available to $1 Million
- Coverage for age minimum of 14 days old onwards up to 80+ years
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
Review the Diplomat America Insurance Brochure for the summary of benefits table. If you prefer not to apply online using the form below, you can also print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Diplomat America Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table. Also review the Diplomat America Insurance Description of Coverage document for plan details and more information including policy exclusions.
Buy Diplomat America Insurance for exact term or coverage duration from 15 days up to 12 months (364 days), as the policy is not renewable and you cannot extend expiration date for an existing policy.
If you prefer not to apply online using the above quote/buy link, you can also print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Diplomat America Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table.
Diplomat America Insurance is administered worldwide by Global Underwriters, and the policy is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company, rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat America Insurance Review
Diplomat America visitor medical policy is designed for overseas residents traveling to the United States of America, suitable for international travelers and tourists or relatives/parents visiting USA from any foreign country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to the USA, or anyone traveling outside their home country to the United States. All applicants must maintain permanent residency outside of the United States. Coverage is available to the primary insured, a second insured adult, unmarried dependent children, or even if children traveling alone.
- Duration: Minimum period of 15 days initial purchase, to maximum coverage duration of 1 year (365 days).
- Maximum Amount: Plan offers medical maximum coverage choices for visitors ages below 70 years: Plan A: $50,000, Plan B: $100,000, Plan C: $250,000, Plan D: $500,000, and Plan E: $1,000,000; amounts are for the life of the plan or coverage duration. For visitors age 70 – 79 years, maximum coverage choices up to $100,000 (plans A and B only); for travelers 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Choice of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2500, or $5,000 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per certificate plan period.
Traveling to the United States: After you pay the selected deductible, the visitor medical plan pays 80% up to $5,000 of eligible costs, then 100% to the Medical Maximum. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an Illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
- Pre-Existing Condition: Exclusion: 24 Months prior to the start date of coverage.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Travel Assistance: Travel assistance services are also available.
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit available for team and other dangerous sport activity as specified.
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Diplomat America PPO Network: Diplomat America has no PPO network, so any of the extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers can be visited or consulted.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Diplomat America Plan Brochure for visitor medical policy details.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Diplomat America Insurance Certificate which is the detailed summary of sample document of the master policy.
- Claims Form: Download and submit Diplomat America Claims form for reimbursement of incurred expenses.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Diplomat America Insurance coverage online.
- Application Form: Complete, fax/mail the Diplomat America Insurance Paper Application along with payment
- Renew/Extend Coverage: Diplomat America Insurance coverage cannot be extended or renewed. Please remember to purchase this policy for the entire coverage duration desired. The visitor medical policy terms also cannot be modified or terms altered after the coverage start date.
- Cancellation & Refund: Prior to Effective Date: By written email request prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee. After Effective Date / Active Policy: The premium is considered fully earned after that effective date by the plan administrator, and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
- Administrator: Diplomat America claims handling and policy administration worldwide by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Diplomat America is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.