Diplomat Global Accident Protection Plan (GAPP)
Review Diplomat GAPP Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) and Optional Emergency Medical Evacuation (MedEvac) coverage for individuals traveling outside home country, with NO medical coverage.
Diplomat GAPP Insurance or the Diplomat Global Accident Protection Plan (GAPP) provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefits and optional Medical Evacuation benefits to those traveling outside their home country. AD&D can be purchased with or without Medical Evacuation benefits. Additional enhancements to the Diplomat GAAP policy can also be purchased.
Diplomat GAPP Insurance is ideal for individuals or groups crossing national borders, such as international students, business travelers, leisure tourists, exchange visitors, church or missionary groups.
Review the Diplomat GAPP Insurance Description of Coverage document for plan summary details and more information. Buy Diplomat GAPP Insurance online for as little as 1 days up 1 year. Diplomat GAAP Insurance is not extendable or renewable.
Diplomat GAPP Insurance is administered worldwide by Global Underwriters, and the policy underwritten by Crum & Forster SPC, rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat GAPP Insurance Review
Review the Diplomat Global Accident Protection Plan (GAPP) overview and highlights:
- Eligibility: Visitors or travelers outside their home country (age more than 14 days).
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage up to $1 million USD.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of U$0, $50, or $100 deductible per incident/accident per insured member.
- Duration: Minimum certificate period of 5 days to maximum coverage/renewal period of 1 year (364 days).
- Coverage Benefits: NO Medical benefit. Only Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefits and optional Medical Evacuation benefits. Please refer to the “Exclusions” section as in the “Description of Coverage” document for list of plan exclusions.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): This benefit for Accidental Death (loss of life), Dismemberment (loss of limb), Loss of Sight, and Speech and Hearing. The amount of the Principal Sum is $25,000 (Enhanced AD&D Benefit can also be purchased). If within 365 days after the date of a covered accident, the Insured Person’s Injury results in death or dismemberment, this Plan provides the benefits for the loss as detailed in the description of coverage document.
- Medical Evacuation Benefits (Optional): Provided when the insured is sick or injured while traveling outside home country. Medical Evacuation coverage will cover expenses needed for immediate transportation from the place where you are located to a medical facility that is more suited to your needs.
- Enhanced AD&D Benefit (Optional): The Principal Sum is increased from $100,000 to the selected amount not to exceed $1,000,000 of coverage. The Enhanced AD&D Benefit is not available to children under 18 years of age.
- Paralysis Benefit: If the Accident or Injury renders a Plan Participant Paralyzed within 365 days of the date of the Injury, if the types of paralysis as specified in the certificate document.
- Coma Benefit: If a covered Injury renders an Insured Person Comatose within 90 days of the date of the accident that caused the Injury, and if the Coma continues for a period of 30 consecutive days, The Company will pay a monthly benefit equal to 1% of the maximum amount.
- Seat Belt and Airbag Benefit – The Company will pay a benefit if the Insured Person suffers accidental death while operating, or riding as a passenger in an Automobile and he/she was wearing a properly fastened seat belt, properly installed by a factory authorized dealer and was positioned in a seat protected by a properly functioning Supplemental Restraint System, properly installed by a factory authorized dealer that inflates on impact.
- Felonious Assault Benefit The Company will pay a benefit if an Insured Person suffers one or more losses for which benefits are payable under the Accidental Dismemberment Benefit or Coma Benefit provided by the plan as a result of a Felonious Assault.
- Home Alteration and Vehicle Modification The Company will pay Covered Home Alteration and Vehicle Modification Expenses that are incurred within one year after the date of the accident causing such loss(es).
- Optional Emergency Medical Evacuation Benefits
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: Up to $500,000 for any covered injury or illness that requires immediate transportation from the place where insured is located (due to inadequate medical facilities).
- Repatriation: If medically necessary for insured to return to primary place of residence because of an unforeseen sickness or injury which is acute or life-threatening, covers transportation expense incurred within 90 days from the date of the accident/sickness, pays return to home country or to a medical facility closest to primary place of residence.
- Return of Mortal Remains – If death occurs, amount will be paid UR&C (Usual, Reasonable and Customary) for expenses to return mortal remains to insured home country.
- Emergency Medical Reunion – If it is medically necessary for insured to have an Emergency Medical Evacuation, the plan will arrange to bring an individual of insured choice, from insured current home country, to be at the insured side while being hospitalized and then accompany insured during return home.
- Return of Minor Child(ren): – Should the insured person be traveling alone with a minor child(ren) and be hospitalized because of a illness or injury and insured’s minor child(ren) is left unattended, the plan pays for a one way economy fare(s) to your current home country.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: Coverage is provided up to $50,000 if the insured requires emergency evacuation due to situations which place him/her in imminent bodily harm or due to a natural disaster.
- Premium Refund: Refund of premium, less a $25 processing fee, will be considered only if written request is received by plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage. After that date, the premium is considered fully earned and non-refundable. Partial refunds are not available.
- Exclusions: Please refer to the “Description of Coverage” document for entire list of excluded items and exact policy term definitions.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by Global Underwriters.
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Crum & Forster SPC, rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.