Diplomat International Travel Medical Insurance
Review the Diplomat International Insurance for US citizens or foreign nationals traveling abroad outside America, this American visitor insurance meets Schengen visa consulate requirements for Europe Travel and is available for anyone traveling outside America and outside their home country, for a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of one year (364 days).
Review Diplomat International Insurance, or Diplomat International Travel Medical Insurance, which is a comprehensive travel medical protection and travel health coverage for US citizens traveling abroad or foreign nationals traveling outside home country excluding America. Diplomat International provides Accident and Sickness medical coverage, Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits and Travel Assistance to individuals while traveling outside their Home Country, but not to the United States. Coverage is available for individual, spouse and unmarried dependent children, ages 14 days up to 18 years.
Diplomat International Insurance review of plan features and benefits covered:
- Travel Medical Insurance while traveling outside Home Country, excluding USA
- Comprehensive plan that provides up to US$1,000,000 medical coverage
- Only plan that offers US$100,000 of comprehensive coverage for persons of age group 70 – 80 years
- Senior citizens age 80+ can get US$20,000 of comprehensive coverage
- No PPO network, any hospital or doctor can be consulted
- US$25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Coverage for age group of minimum of 14 days old onwards up to 80+ years
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
Review the Diplomat International Insurance Brochure for the summary of benefits table. If you prefer not to apply online using the form below, you can also print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Diplomat America Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table. Also review the Diplomat International Insurance Description of Coverage document for plan details and more information including policy exclusions.
Buy Diplomat International Insurance for exact term or coverage duration from 15 days up to 12 months (364 days), as the policy is not renewable and you cannot extend expiration date for an existing policy.
If you prefer not to apply online using the form below, you can also print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Diplomat International Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table.
Diplomat International Insurance is administered worldwide by Global Underwriters, and the policy underwritten by Lloyds of London, the oldest underwriter in the world, and rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat International Insurance Review
Diplomat International policy is designed for international travelers and tourists visiting any foreign country outside the USA.
- Eligibility: Anyone traveling outside their Home Country and the United States. Coverage is available to the primary insured, a second insured adult, unmarried dependent children, or even if children traveling alone.
- Duration: Minimum period of 5 days initial purchase, to maximum coverage duration of 1 year (365 days).
- Maximum Amount: Plan offers maximum coverage choices for visitors ages below 70 years: Plan A: $50,000, Plan B: $100,000, Plan C: $250,000, Plan D: $500,000, and Plan E: $1,000,000; amounts are for the life of the plan or coverage duration.
For travelers in the ages 70-79 years, maximum coverage is up to $100,000 (plans A and B only), and for travelers 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Choice of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2500, or $5,000 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per certificate plan period.
- Co-Insurance: No co-Insurance, the plan pays 100% to the Medical Maximum, after you pay up to the selected deductible first. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an sickness/illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
- Pre-Existing Condition: Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition (U.S. Citizens Only) with limited coverage is provided for Medical Expenses that result from a sudden and unforeseen recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition.
- Provider PPO Network: Diplomat International plan has no PPO network, visit any doctor or hospital.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- In Hospital Indemnity: For U.S. Citizens only, up to $100 per day of confinement up to a maximum of 10 days.
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250 checked with a Common Carrier.
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100 for emergency treatment for the relief of pain to natural teeth.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Travel Assistance: Travel assistance services are also available.
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit available for team and other dangerous sport activity as specified.
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Diplomat International Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Diplomat International Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy.
- Claims Form: Download and submit Diplomat International Claims form for reimbursement of incurred expenses.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Diplomat International Insurance coverage online.
- Application Form: Complete, mail/fax the Diplomat International Insurance Paper Application along with payment
- Renew/Extend Coverage: Diplomat International Insurance coverage cannot be extended or renewed. Please remember to purchase this policy for the entire coverage duration desired, minimum of 5 days and a maximum up to 365 days. The policy terms also cannot be modified or terms altered after the coverage start date.
- Cancellation & Refund: Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee. Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
- Administrator: Diplomat International is administered by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Diplomat International is underwritten by Lloyds of London, the oldest underwriter in the world, rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.